So last Sunday was that blue moon. I made salmon.
Baked Salmon with Garlic & Mayonnaise, served with sauteed asparagus, cherry tomatoes and baked potato.
Here's my recipe.
Serves 2 pax.
200 grams of salmon steak x 2
Russet potatoes x 2
2 cloves of garlic
Handful of cherry tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp of japanese mayonnaise
1/2 tsp of olive oil
1. Pre heat oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Wash and scrub the skin of the potato with a brush. Poke potato all over with fork. This is to allow it to breathe in the oven. Other recipes said if you don't do this, the potato will 'explode' inside your oven.
3. Apply olive oil all over the potato skin.
4. Rub salt and pepper all over the skin.
5. Place on baking dish and into the 2nd level of the oven.
6. Set timer to 45 minutes.
7. Wash the salmon, and pat dry with kitchen towel.
8. Rub salt and pepper all over the fish
9. Apply olive oil on the salmon skin (if you are using cod fish, there is no need for this)
10. Place salmon on the baking dish, skin side down.
11. Chop / blend garlic, add mayonnaise, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
12. Spread blended garlic mayonnaise on the flesh side.
13. Oven timer goes off, place salmon into the oven at 4th level (lowest)
14. Set timer for another 15 minutes.
15. Meanwhile, heat saucepan to medium / high heat. Drizzle olive oil.
16. Stir fry asparagus and garlic.
17. Shake occasionally.
18. Cook for 10 minutes.
19. Throw in cherry tomatoes, shake occasionally.
20. Cook for another 3 minutes, or until skin of tomatoes have wrinkled.
Quite yummy. I thought I went a little overboard with the salt in my sauce. Must take note of that. If not, everything was perfect. The fish is well cooked, and my potatoes too.